With an old unused frame, a little spray paint, a few tools, and some help from Mother Nature, I made myself a jewelry rack last week. I can’t take credit for the idea, since it was mostly inspired by this one that I found on Pinterest.
I didn’t take step-by-step photos for this project, but here are some rough instructions:
1. Find an appropriate wood picture frame and remove the backing and glass. Lightly sand the frame to rough up the finish, wipe off the dust, then spray paint with several thin layers.
2. Find dry branches and use a saw to cut them to a size that will fit in the back of your frame. (If you don’t have a saw, pruning shears might also work).
3. Screw cup hooks into your branches at even distances apart. I used the 3/4-inch size.
4. Using small nails, attach your branches to the back of your picture frame with the cup hooks facing the front and upright.
5. Hang it up and add jewelry!