Lately it seems like I am seeing feather jewelry everywhere. It was at Topshop in New York, and Urban Outfitters has a large selection of earrings and a few necklaces featuring feathers. This is my take on a feather necklace, but you could easily use the same technique to make feather earrings instead. In fact, I think that’s what I’ll do next.
Small feathers, 10-15 or so
1. Take a feather, a crimp bead, and an eyepin. If necessary, cut the eyepin so that it’s only about 1/4 of an inch long. Place the crimp bead on the end of the feather and slide the eyepin end through the crimp bead, too.
2. Crimp the bead shut. If you don’t know what a crimp bead is or how to use them, this link will help.
3. Repeat the last two steps for the rest of your feathers. I did 13, but you might want to do more or less depending on your feather size.
4. Using jump rings, attach the eyepin on the end of the feathers to the necklace chain.
5. Add a clasp to your necklace, and you’re done!
Looking for more tutorials and DIY projects? Check out my What I Made page!
OTHER POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE