DIY Braided Thread and Chain Wrap Bracelet Tutorial
This fun bracelet DIY is a great way to update your wrists for spring. It’s pretty easy to make, and very customizable. I used gunmetal chain and cool colors (or mermaid colors, as I came to think of them), but with different colors or a gold or silver chain you can go for a totally different look. Ready to get braiding?
Embroidery thread in various colors
Thick curb chain, long enough to fit around your wrist twice
Measuring tape or ruler
1. Cut embroidery 30 pieces of embroidery thread 2.5 times the length of your chain. My chain is 13.5 inches, so I cut mine about 34 inches each. Tie a loose knot about an inch from one end, and divide the threads into three bundles.
2. Tape down the end of the threads, and begin braiding them.
3. Braid until the braid is the length of the chain, then take a few strands and tie them around the end of the threads.
4. Untie the loose knot you tied in step 1, and thread a needle with a length of thread twice the length of the chain. Use the length of thread to tie off the end of the braid, and then begin sewing the braid to the chain. Use one stitch per chain link.
5. Continue sewing until you reach the end of the chain and braid.
6. Tie the thread off and hide the ends within the braid, and add clasps to the chain. Trim the thread ends so they’re all even, and about an inch long.
OTHER POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE