Since I saw photos of Missoni’s Spring 2012 collection a few months ago, I have been meaning to make a fringe necklace. I finally made one today, and I’m happy to report that it’s quite easy and customizable. For mine I used shorter fringe in a different color than the designer version, and I’m not a fan of gold chain so instead I used silver. But you can easily alter these details to make your own version of this necklace. Read on for the instructions!
Left, Vogue.com, Right, Net-a-porter.com
16-inch necklace chain with large links
4-inch-long fringe trim, 7 inches wide
Thread that matches the fringe
Measuring tape or ruler
1. Cut a piece of fringe to 7 inches long. You can very carefully melt the ends with a flame to keep them from unraveling, but be careful not to set it on fire.
2. Measure your chain to find the center, and center the fringe on the chain.
3. Thread a needle, knot the end of the thread, and beginning from the left, start sewing the top of the fringe to the bottom of the chain.
5. Continue sewing, being careful not to twist the chain or the fringe.
6. Continue until you’ve sewn all 7 inches of the fringe to the chain, then tie off the thread.
OTHER POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE