DIY Crystal Point Necklace Tutorial
Maybe I’m just craving something new with the change in seasons, but I’m on a jewelry kick lately! A couple weeks ago it was bracelets (here and here), and today I have a necklace DIY to share.
Drilled quartz crystal points (mine range in length from 0.75 to 1.5 inches)
Half-hard wire (I used 22-gauge, but make sure it’ll fit through the holes in the crystals)
1. For an 18-inch necklace, cut two pieces of chain 9 inches long each. Use the end of the needle-nose pliers to create a loop at one end of the wire, and loop it though a link on one end of the chain. Wrap the wire around itself twice and trim the wire.
2. Line up your crystals and measure them against the wire, to see how long the wire needs to be. Trim it to fit the crystals, plus about an inch.
3. Thread the crystals onto the wire in the order you prefer. I chose mine so that they would make a pyramid shape, but a more random arrangement can also work.
4. Create a loop on the other end of the wire, and attach it to the end link on the other piece of chain.
5. Wrap the wire around itself again, and trim. Add a clasp to the other ends of the chain.
And that’s it! Easy, but really fun. You can get crystals in various colors, so this necklace has a lot of potential for customization through different crystal color/length combinations.
OTHER POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE