When it comes to makeup, I really don’t like to spend very much money. On a daily basis I wear mascara, concealer, blush, and sometimes eyeliner or a little lip color. Maybe if I tried tons of high-end cosmetics I’d decide that they’re better than drugstore products, but this has yet to happen. Here are some of my favorite products that I use on a regular basis. Do you have any favorite cheap beauty buys to recommend? I’d love to hear them!
1. Rimmel London Glam Eyes Mascara – I’ve tried other types, even by the same brand, but I keep coming back to this one for its ability to create big, dramatic lashes.
2. M.A.C. Cremeblend Blush (in Ladyblush) – Since most of my makeup costs less than $10, this one was a splurge for me. It blends beautifully on my combination skin, though, and I love the subtle color. (I’m out of this stuff, so I’ve been using Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush, which is a cheaper replacement.)
3. Maybelline DreamLumi Touch Highlighting Concealer (in Radiant) – My skin is far from perfect, especially since I tried a new routine last year that took it months to recover from. This stuff helped conceal my blemishes, plus it’s great for undereye circles.
4. Clinique Almost Lipstick (in Black Honey) – Bright lipstick makes me really self-conscious, so this stuff is great because it adds some color without screaming “Look at me!” Supposedly this shade is universally flattering.
5. Prestige Cosmetics Liquid Eyeliner – I love this stuff. It lasts all day, is easy to apply, and the price is right. I usually use the black, but the purple color (Icon) is fun, too, and makes my eyes look super green.
6. Benefit Benetint – I wanted this stuff for a really long time before I finally plunked down the cash, and then I hardly used it, for years. It just didn’t seem like it did much for me, until I discovered how to apply it properly. Instead of putting a few drops on my cheeks and rubbing them in with my fingers, I brush 2-3 streaks across my cheeks, then very quickly blend with a blush brush. It’s also great to give your lips a little bit of color. Pricey, but it lasts a long time.
7. Smith’s Rosebud Salve – Smells nice, moisturizes, and gives your lips a tiny bit of color. I keep this in my purse.
OTHER POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE