Friday Favorites: 5 Wood Projects for the Home
Next week we’ll be moving into a house in Portland, but we have hardly any furniture since we got rid of most it when we moved across the country at the end of the year. We’ll also have a backyard for the first time, plus access to my parents’ power tools, so this week I have been particularly inspired by potential woodworking projects. I doubt I have anywhere near the skill needed to pull these off, but I did build a pretty snazzy scratching post for my cats, so maybe I’m not totally hopeless.
1. A scrap wood tabletop. Eating at this table sure would beat eating off the floor!
2. A painted wood dresser. With the right thrifted dresser, this one wouldn’t be too hard.
3. A simple wooden toothbrush holder. I might actually have a chance of making this one.
4. A reclaimed wood bed. Is it crazy that someone with (almost) zero woodworking experience wants to build a bed? Probably, but I might try anyway!
5. A log slice side table. I should probably start my woodworking career with something a little less complex, like this side table.
Do you have any home improvement projects planned? Do any of them involve power tools?
OTHER POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE